The parish is comprised of the suburbs of Milton, Auchenflower, Paddington and Rosalie, a densely populated inner-city area. It has its origins in the earliest years of Brisbane’s settlement.
Christ Church is a heritage listed building, with old world charm. The timber to build it was hauled from the Brisbane Valley after the first church was destroyed in a storm in 1890.
The Chapel of the Holy Spirit was built in 1912, designed by architect Robin Dods, and sits alongside Old Bishopbourne, built in 1868, designed by architect Benjamin Backhouse, with both buildings built of the local stone, Brisbane Tuff.
Although no longer in use, St Alban the Martyr in Auchenflower remains a fine example of Church Architecture for its era. St Alban the Martyr was dedicated by Archbishop Sharp on 18 November 1923. The foundation stone of the church was set and blessed by Archbishop Strong in July 1954.